In Rhode Island, Medical prescription drug coverage can be joined by approaching private or insurance company approved by Medicare.
Rhode Island Medicare Prescription drug coverage can be availed by everyone with Medicare.
Eligibility for Rhode Island Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- You must have Part A and/or Part B to join Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- You must be residing in the service area of Medicare Drug Plan.
The cost of the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan in Rhode Island varies depending on the drug prescriptions, type of Plan.
To join Rhode Island Medicare Prescription Drug Plan you have to pay monthly premium which varies with the Plan type. This monthly premium is additional with the Part B monthly premium.
Part D Late Enrollment penalty
Late Enrollment penalty is the amount added to the premium of Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. It is the amount added if you did not get the benefits of Medicare Prescription Drug Plan when you were eligible for Medicare.
Before you join Rhode Island Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Costs of Medicare Prescription drug Plan.
- Compare cost and coverage services with other plans available in your area.
- Decide to join a Medicare Prescription drug Plan that covers your prescription drug needs.
SHIP (State Health Insurance Assistance Program)
You can call your State Health Insurance Assistance Program for help regarding any of the Medicare Part A & B, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage.
Rhode Island Senior Health Insurance Program
(401) 462-3000 www.dea.ri.gov/insurance