Rhode Island?s Medicare is a federal health insurance program which covers mostly your health care costs.
Eligibility for Medicare
1)?? Citizens of age 65 and above
2)?? Some young below 65 years of age suffering from certain disabilities
3)?? People of any age who are suffering from End Stage Renal Disease(permanent kidney failure)
Medicare Part A
- Covers inpatient care in hospitals.
- Covers skilled nursing facility, hospice and home health care.
Medicare Part B
- Covers doctor?s services and outpatient care.
- Covers some preventive services to maintain your health.
- Covers laboratory tests and medical equipments
- Covers ambulance and blood
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage)
It is an optional plan
- Health coverage Plan approved by Medicare given by private insurance companies.
- Includes Part A and Part B and also other services like Part D.
Medicare Part D (Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage)It is an optional plan
- Prescription drug coverage approved by Medicare given by private insurance companies.
- Covers the cost of prescription drugs.
- Lowers your prescription drug cost by sharing the cost.
Rhode Island Medicare does not cover the following
- Long term care
- Routine Dental care
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hearing aids
- Private nurses
- Hospital phone and amenities
- Custodial care
- Care outside the country
- Chiropractic visits
- Laboratory tests
- Preventive care